Why Rotate Tires?
Tires tend to wear unevenly. The front tires tend to wear on the outside
edges because the tire leans over when you turn a corner. The rear tires
don't turn at angles like the fronts, so they usually wear more evenly. If
you leave tires in place, those outside edges on the front tires will wear
down much faster than the rest. You'll have to replace the tires thousands
of miles sooner. This however, can easily be prevented with rotations.
Rotations for most major brands of tires should be done around 7,500
or every other oil change, whichever comes first. In some cases, you may
have to realign the tires, but this is not usually necessary. You should
always consult a professional technician as to see what you need each time.
Top 10 Maintenance Mistakes That Cause the Most Damage
Like the human body, ignoring even the smallest signs of trouble in your
performance can lead to trouble down the road. And some missed signals cost
more than others.
A new report by CarMD.com
Corporation details exactly which
maintenance mistakes can cause the most damage. Here they are:
The Top Ten
- Putting off recommended/scheduled maintenance.
- Ignoring the
- Not changing the oil, or not having it changed on
- Not checking tire pressure.
- Neglecting coolant, brake,
transmission and other fluid services.
- Continuing to drive when the
vehicle is overheating.
- Not changing fuel and air filters.
unqualified shops service your vehicle.
- Using substandard parts
original equipment manufacturer (OEM)-quality parts.
- Trying to
your own high-tech vehicle
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR CAR IS RECALLED
In today's world, cars are mass produced by the thousands daily. It makes
sense that car companies aren't going to get it right 100% of the time, and
that's ok. You need not fear in light of a recall! Here are things about
recalls you should know:
OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- You'll receive a letter in the mail. This is your official notification.
- Go to the dealership of which is listed on your letter. It's usually the
one you bought the car from, or one close to you.
- Have the repair done. Depending on when you arrive and the people ahead
of you, it may be best to get a ride home and come back later.
- It is a FREE REPAIR. Car companies will never charge you on a recall,
and they shouldn't, as it is their mistake.
- Unless authorized, your local repair shop (that means us) isn't allowed
to fix it. Rarely are repair shops licensed to do recall work.
- Don't delay! There is usually a deadline before you can no longer claim
the recall service, normally between 60-90 days. This may vary per